Saturday, December 10, 2011

Supper at Big Daddy's















I finally ate at Big Daddy's.  I've been meaning to stop by for a while now and finally ate there a week ago with friends and cousins, Virginia and Kelley.  It was a cold night and the atmosphere (and temperature) inside was warm and welcoming.


In 2008, Big Daddy's won the Birmingham News' readers choice award for best ribs.
















This night, we didn't try the ribs.  I had the Bar-B-Q chicken and Virginia and Kelley had the Bar-B-Que pork.  They prounouced their pork delicious.  My chicken was a little chewier than I would have liked but the flavor was good.  Next time, I'll try the pork.  See that little cup of slaw?  You can put that on your sandwich or on your plate like we did.  Those fries!  Oh, they were the crispiest, most wonderful things ever.  We all loved them.  I could have eaten a plate full of just fries!















We met Big Daddy while we were there and he gracefully posed so Kelley and I could take a picture of him. And, Jon, if you're reading this, he says he ships his Bar-B-Q all the time.  Just give him a call!

So, if you're ever travelling I-65 between Birmingham and Huntsville and are in the mood for barbeque, hop off at one of the Warrior exits and check out Big Daddy's.  Tell him that the crazy ladies taking all kinds of pictures of his restaurant and their food sent you.

2 comments:

kbrow said...

I just stumbled onto your blog, via Ravelry's Reclaiming the Home group. I gotta say, I love it! I am adding you to my google reader, and really looking forward to more!

Yolanda said...

Thank you! You've made my day!