Saturday, December 31, 2011

Some Finished Objects

Several people have asked me about the photo in the Christmas post.  The photo is of my Granddaddy and this is my all-time favorite photo of him.  He loved Christmas and every year, he hit the woods with his ax, sometimes with one or more grandchildren in tow, to find a Christmas tree.  The quality of this photo is not so good since it was one of those polaroid photos but I love it anyway.

I have a bunch of finished objects to tell you about:














My Mother's Christmas scarf.  The Two-Way Ruffled Scarf by Churchmouse Yarns done in Kidsilk Haze.  She loves it!  You may remember that I made one like this for me back in the summer and almost lost it when Mother saw it. 
















Catherine's Shawl by Madelinetosh Yarns.  This Kale colorway in tosh is very difficult to photography.  I finished this in December and it is still unblocked.  I'm rather disappointed in this.  I can't decide it it's too small or I'm too large.  I'm hoping that blocking it will work some sort of sizing magic.  I'm waiting on my new blocking wires from Churchmouse to arrive and hopefully, will have a blocked photo next weekend.  I think if I were to do this again, I would add more repeats and might do in a DK weight.















Two baby hats for my sister-in-law to give as a gift.  Good old Berroco Comfort Chunky along with In The Making's House Hat Worksheet makes short work of these!



Welted Fingerless Gloves for me in Rowan Baby Alpaca DK.  A wonderful pattern by Churchmouse and the yarn, wow!  The yarn was buttery soft.  But......I knit the second one at a much tighter gauge than the first so I frogged the first and reknit it.  See how much bigger it was.....
 














(Please forgive the red tissue paper.  It was nighttime and I was in the middle of gift wrapping).















And finally, a decent photo of my Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf.  I've discovered something.  It's mightly hard to photography (at least for me) Koigu without it looking all mottled.

Hope you've enjoyed these!

No comments: