Sunday, July 24, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

I'm a bit behind on the blogging this month.  My power cord went out on my laptop on the 4th and it took several days to get a new one.  During the meantime, Mother has been in the hospital.  I did get a lot of knitting done that Sunday in the ER.  That Sunday, I finished the scarf portion of my Two-Way Ruffle Scarf, a beautiful pattern by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.  Here it is in all of it's fluffy, soft glory before blocking.  Mother and I (OK.  Mother) steam blocked it this afternoon.  Photos to be coming soon.
















A Finished Object to Report
I finally took pictures of my Multnomah post blocking.  Ya'll, this is a good example of the miracle of blocking.  A nice wash and then a nice rest on my guest bed just did wonders for this.  I'm so looking forward to wearing this but since this is Alabama, that will probably won't be until the end of October.
















Here's my current take-along work in progress.  The Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf, another wonderful pattern by Churchmouse.  I'm using three colorways of Koigu KPPPM.  When I was buying the Koigu at my LYS last month, Heather, one of the super ladies who works there, advised me to choose colors that make me happy.  She was right.  And I'm glad I took her advice. 















This represents 1 week and 1 day of knitting - 1 1/4". This counts two hours of knitting time at the doctor's office on Monday and working primarily on this.  The fingering yarn combined with a 450-stitch cast on and working the linen stitch makes going a little slow but after a couple of stitches, I get a rhythm going and work pretty quickly.  When working on this in public, I have gotten a lot of compliments on it.  I just hope I have as many when I wear it this winter!

In other knitting news, I'm still working on Tristan's Blankie of Many Colors and I've started a birthday bib for Liam.  Pictures of those to be coming soon. 

Speaking of birthday bibs, hop on over to Three Boys and a Thousand Hills and read about the birthday bibs I made for Walker and Tristan (you'll need to scroll down to the July 12 entry) and see the bibs in action!

No comments: