Sunday, July 3, 2011

What I Did Last Weekend

Last weekend, I had a mini-vacation of sorts.  I house, dog, and cat sat for some friends who live in Birmingham and live near the Galleria and Patton Creek, the epi-center of shopping for Birmingham.  Since I rarely get to those shopping centers, it was something of a novel experience to be that close.  My only duties were to give the dog and cats their food and fresh water and to walk the dog, leaving plenty of time to knit, watch movies, and shop. 

Like all knitters, I had problems deciding what knitting to take.  The clothes were no problem.  And since I was  working on Friday and Monday, I had to take work clothes too.    I ended up with one suitcase, one cosmetic bag, and three knitting bags!














Sophie was very curious about all my knitting stuff and particularly liked my yarn.  The lime green bag held all my needles, a knitting book, and some cotton yarn.  The blue bag had my log cabin and a few balls of yarn in case I finished the strip I was working on.  The black bag held my Multnomah, blanket square in progress, a swatch in progress for a baby hat, and my knitting tool kit.

Before I left, I had decided that I was just going to have a nice, relaxing weekend.  On Saturday, I had breakfast at Panera and then went to my LYS to hang out and knit and do some shopping.  While I was there, I finished my Multnomah.  Thanks to Heather for graciously taking my picture!  Remember, what you are seeing is just off the needles!














I've been admiring  Churchmouse Yarns and Teas patterns.  By the way, the photography is gorgeous! I understand that Jared Flood did the photography for their patterns and so  Bainbridge Island is now on my must-see places. 















The Koigu is for the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf and the Rowan Kidsilk Haze is for the Two-Way Ruffled Scarf.

Over the weekend, I did a fair amount of knitting.  I finished a blanket square for Blankets for Birmingham, started a Picot-Edge Washcloth, worked on my latest Log Cabin,  finished the Multnomah, and swatched for a baby hat. And I admired my purchases and petted the yarn.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. 

No comments: