Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year Everyone! 

One of my goals for the New Year is to blog more.  Somehow I’m rather surprised that I haven’t blogged since the end of October because I blog a lot in my head.  But unfortunately, blogging in my head doesn’t count, does it? 

I’ve been knitting a lot or it seems that way anyway. I made six pairs of fingerless gloves as Christmas presents.  Five pair were the Welted Fingerless Gloves and one pair was the Ferryboat Mitts, both excellent patterns from Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.  I can’t disclose all the recipients yet since a couple still haven’t received their gifts but the ones who did have seemed to really love them.  Here’s a photo.  These were all knit from Rowan Felted Tweed.  Mother has a pair knit in a cream color Rowan Baby Alpaca DK. 
The Ferryboat Mitts are knit in Cascade 220.

I also made a Honey Cowl for my niece Lindsay.  It's made with Madelinetosh Light in Well Water.  I made the medium length and it took every bit of my one skein.
 
I’ve  made hats and scarves for the Fellas but I worry that the hats will be too big even though I measured their heads at Thanksgiving.  These will finally go in the mail this weekend.  I was hoping to have mittens made by now but I’m having a hard time finding a pattern I like using worsted weight.  Anyone have a favorite pattern for worsted weight for a 2, 4, and 6 year old?

And finally, have ya’ll seen the Jolly Wee Elves from Churchmouse?  They’re just the cutest little things and are like Lay’s Potato Chips.  You can’t knit just one!  Here are three of the six I’ve made so far (the other three are just like these).  These will be Christmas gifts for this year. Nothing like getting an early start!

Have a good rest of the week everyone!
 

No comments: