Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Update and Birthday Knitting

An Update
As of today, the North Jefferson/Blount County division has crocheted and knitted 65 squares!  I made this square over Memorial Day and everyone who's seen it just loves it.  And it was fun to do which makes it just that much better in my opinion.















The pattern is the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner.  I had to modify it a bit to meet the 8x8 dimensions for Blankets for Birmingham.  And I ran out of yarn and had to use a different dyelot.  Can you see the difference?

Birthday Knitting
Walker and Tristan will be celebrating their birthdays together on June 18.  Walker will be 3 and Tristan will be 1.  Their mom called yesterday and asked if I'd make bibs for them to wear on their birthdays.  She wanted the bibs I had made when Tristan was born.  Of course I said yes!  I love to knit for "my" boys! .So, I'm making the Baby Bib 'O Love from Mason Dixon Knitting.















I just need to add the straps and button.  Then I'll start on a red bib. 

Back to bib knitting!

No comments: