Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Dessert - A Recipe

Every weekend, I make a dessert for Sunday dinner.  Sometimes, I try a new recipe but most times, it's just an old family favorite.  I thought I'd start occasionally sharing those recipes with you.
Here's what I made this morning:



Mom's Buttermilk Pie
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pie crust

Mix all ingredients thoroughly by hand.  Pour into pie crust and place in the lower section of the oven on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

This is a classic Southern recipe and although it has buttermilk in it, you can't taste it at all.  This was my Mother's recipe.

If you try it, let me know.  I'd love to hear from you!


No comments: