Monday, May 13, 2013

The Never Ending Blanket

Remember the Mitered Crosses Blanket I've been working on since back last summer?  Well, I'm still motoring right along the highway of garter stitch.  Right now, I have big stack (22 squares worth) of Noro goodness.


I keep thinking that this thing is taking FOREVER and then I remember that it's my own fault. You may recall that the original pattern calls for 10 squares.  I knew from the beginning that I wanted 12.  And then I decided that 12 squares was a little smaller than I really wanted so I added just four more  to make it 16.  Then before I knew it, I was up to 20.  And a couple of months ago, I decided that I really wanted it big enough to cover me so I added four more squares for a total of 24.

I am happy to report that I am on square 23 and I can see the light!


Now that I'm nearing the end, I find myself both looking forward to finishing that last square and missing the knitting of the squares.  This blanket has taken me through a tough time this winter and spring.  It has been my friend and my solace. 

2 comments:

Nina King said...

Someday I will get back into knitting! Just reading about your journey with this project makes me want to get started again! It's like reading a really good book--finishing it is both sad and fulfilling at the same time, and you begin to look forward to the next one!

Yolanda said...

Nina, You're exactly right about this project being like a really good book!