Monday, January 30, 2012

An Update on the Poncho

My Easy Folded Poncho is finished.  Well almost.  It still needs to liberated from the blocking wires and seamed.

After I finished binding off, I pinned up the shoulder and tried it on and I love it!  And at that moment, I knew that it should be cowl-less.  So, all that fretting was for naught. I'm already thinking though that I'd like another one in the Rowan Felted Tweed, this time in Seafarer (navy).

Here it is all bathed and blocking on the blocking bed.  I used my new blocking wires and I love 'em!  It's all dry now and ready for the seaming.















I haven't mentioned how much I love Rowan Felted Tweed.  It's so tweedy......so English (well my idea of English tweed anyway).  And wonderfully sticky.  I used bamboo needles this time but I would definitely use Addi's next time.  But before I start the next one, I need a good supply of movies.

No comments: